This week some of the biggest fashion houses have been showing their couture collections in Paris. The Spring 2012 couture shows exhibit the most exciting and spectacular pieces the fashion world has to offer. The clothes are breathtaking, otherworldly and, in some cases, totally unwearable. I for one, absolutely love perusing the runway photos, here are some of my favourite looks from this season’s couture shows…
- Christian Dior: 1950’s cuts in black, white & red.
- Chanel: mixing textures and blue hues
- Versace: sheer and cut-outs in greys and citrus.
- Alexis Mabille: lace in floral brights.
- Giambattista Valli: sheer and ladylike in monochrome and pinks.
- Jean Paul Gaultier: ode to Amy Winehouse.
- Elie Saab: ethereal and delicate in pastels.
- Bouchra Jarrar: 1940’s masculine tailoring.